Thursday, November 18, 2010

Numb

Several things have slowly made me realize this is not a bad dream and it is really happening, and while I think I may break down with each of these realizations, I simply feel a little more numb. Like someone is squeezing me so tight I feel tiny pins and needles that just ache, then with each squeeze I feel less and less... and I think the part that scares me is when the worst of this is over, the funeral, I know that I will eventually be let go and all that pain will come flooding like sharp daggers rather than the small pricks.

I had started this blog as a joke, I have issues with odd numbers, and only 4 blogs seemed unlucky (who knew it would be the fifth?). But for a while this one was blank, then I was using it as a journal of sorts, now I find my self coming here to simply write non judged. I think this is where I am going to find myself able to cope with my loss.

I hurt so much, and yet I feel like I have cried so many tears that I just can't find any left to cry... and then the tears come again. It is then I am so grateful for the shower... it washes away the tears, and provides them if I run out.

I miss him so much and it has only been 6 days, I learned when he was gone with the Army the longer it was the harder... I think that is why I dread each passing day. He was ALWAYS my strength, from the day i met him. I have battled with depression since I was at least 10... and it was when I was dating him in High school I learned how it hits, (I get it in waves, if I take an anti depressant for about a month then I am good again for a couple years... but if I don't catch it fast I can sink quick) He was always there to warn me if I was sinking and lift up quick. (don't worry my prescription is already on hand) I depended on him for everything, financially, to help with the kids because he was an amazing father, and to be my steady rock.

I think I joked when I started using this blog I didn't have the "blues" I got the "purples" because it was my favourite colour... This blog is going to be how I cope in the middle of the night when I get my kids to bed. My kids are luckily so blessed to be strong like their father, and the loss of him is going to be their hardest trial yet.

No comments: