Friday, November 19, 2010

Funerals

K hated funerals, he just couldn't handle them. In our 16 years of marriage he only attended 2 funerals with me (and unfortunately there were several). One was his cousin's because he knew he had to be there for his family, and the other was my mother's, because I had to have him there. There were others where he was so close to them he was very torn with going, but could not bring himself to go. And others where he had said he would try to come, and make excuses, not wanting me to know he really couldn't handle it... but I knew.

I think he disliked funerals so much that is why a few weeks ago he told me, "you know I want to be cremated, right?" I being the smart ass I am, and also not thinking it would be so soon, and he was serious replied, "Well you'll be dead and won't have a say!" Well he is gone, and I know he will be there comforting us while we miss him... probably laughing at us for being a bunch of boobing babies.

We will miss him and I know there are many stories and memories of him from everyone. I hope everyone comes ready to write them down for us, I want his children to know him and remember him.

I love you K, and I am so glad I was able to spend my life with you.

No comments: