Thursday, January 20, 2011

Grief Counseling

I have been undecided if this was a good thing or not for me to take the kids to. My worries about it being around people who have been "stuck" in a sense and not moved on in their lives in a positive way, I do not want it to send the kids in a depression... 3 of them are after all teenagers and prone to that anyway. I have encouraged it because I have thought it would give me a feel on whether or not they were coping. It has been a fight with my oldest, the one I think might benefit the most from it, and perhaps that is my biggest dread... that he will resent me for it.

So last night I took them all, and left with doubts still in my mind. There were a couple people who seemed, very depressed there, and almost stuck in the mourning of their loved ones, and then a few who like us it was still recent, but they were looking positive at their loved ones life and moving forward with their own. We were on our way home and my oldest, who pretended to sleep through the whole thing asked about something discussed by the counselor. I twas benefiting him as well.

When I got home I had found a link my sister sent me about a new "grief" center designed more with kids and families in mind. I signed up for information on that because I think it will be best for the kids... the important info they can use to better themselves, with out the others stuck and not ready to move forward in their own lives.