Sunday, February 20, 2011

The Little Things

I have found I am getting along pretty well on a day to day basis considering... don't get me wrong, I miss him horribly, and find myself just aching wanting him to hold me at night. but I am finding the things that seem to hit me hardest lately are the little things. He was SO smart, I find myself wishing I could call and ask him things I forgot, or I want his opinion on. He could name ALL the US presidents from memory in order. He could calculate numbers in his head quicker than you could enter them into a calculator, if we wondered anything about US history at work we would call and ask him. I hate that he is not accessible to me anymore.

He was all disgusting teenage boy too, he thought it was the funniest thing to fart in bed... and it would gross me out so much that many of our late night fights would be because he stuck everything up... What I wouldn't give to have him fart in bed... I don't think I would even complain.

My driving, he complained about my driving so much... even though I taught him how to drive. Every time I come to a stop sign I hear his voice in my head remind me to stop completely that the tires roll back.

I am the worst housekeeper EVER that was another sore subject between us... and keep wishing he would come get upset about the house... I might even clean it if it brought him back... I just miss him so terribly... and it seems there are so many little things that set me off. I am grateful for these small reminders, while they still hurt. I find myself watching TV shows he liked that would annoy me just because they remind me of him.

No comments: