Thursday, May 26, 2011

The Bath...

I was needing to feel connected to Him tonight, but it was too late to leave to the cemetery, and since I can't sleep in our bed at all anymore, I have used it for storing stuff while we are remodeling. So I locked myself in the bathroom and ran a bath. At first it was simply nice and relaxing, and then I pulled out my book I needed to read from school and a flood of memories rushed to the surface and the tears sprung from my eyes.

I remember sitting on the toilet and he soaking in the bath... to have fewer distractions and studying for finals with him.
I remember several times he knew I had had a rough day and would run me a bath to relax right away when I got home.
I remember many nights when he had been sick and he would escape for a while in there until he could go back to sleep.
I remember how we would always make certain our bed and breakfasts we stayed in for anniversaries, birthdays, getaways, had a nice big tub we could both soak in.
I remember planning in our different houses house we would remodel the baths to make them bigger so we could enjoy them together.

Now I feel comfort in the bath, I like to run the water on me and try to imagine it is his his arms wrapped around me, holding me tight. I try to imagine him looking at me... hopefully missing me too...

No comments: