Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Who takes care of me?

So I have been really sick this past week, aside from an occasional cold or bug this has been the worst since I lost him, and it has been hard. He would always take such good care of me, and the kids, when we were sick. Running baths for us, fixing soup, getting gatorade, or slurpees, or anything that he thought would help. But the best was you knew he would be there. He would lay with me, hold me, keep me company and just watch movies until I was feeling better. I had a major break down yesterday when I realized how much I depended on him when I was sick. I used to have my mom as well, and she would be a comforting soul, taking care of me as well.

I still have my kids, but they are so self absorbed in those teenage years, they don't get that I need them. They try, and they are there as much as they can be, but it is not the same. So until they hit that point where they realize I need them as much as they need me (which is still a ways away) who do I have to take care of me?

I have some amazing friends and relatives, they brought in dinner and took kids for the night... but really I want what I can't have... him. Someone to hold me, and not care about getting sick, someone to pamper me, someone to put up with me whiny and know it is not really me and love me anyway... and I hate that I don't have that anymore.

No comments: