Thursday, February 9, 2012

Dates/numbers

My lucky number has ALWAYS been 5, or multiples of 5. Why? Because my birthday is the 5th. When I met Kris he argued with me that 7 was luckier, it even was a joke with us for a long time. "I love you time 5" "I love you times 7, it is more, I win" "Quality is always better than quantity! I Win"So when it came to our wedding date, when one of the reception centers had the 6th available (it was a quick engagement) we knew it was meant to be... our compromise.

I have never loved math, but numbers and dates have always fascinated me. Like my dad is an Aquarius, and my mom was a Pisces, Kris was Aquarius, I am a Pisces, Our oldest son is an Aquarius, Our oldest daughter is an Aquarius. Some how it all made sense in my mind and fit together like some puzzle I only know about. Then comes birthday/deathday numbers... My mom was born 3/15/53 (all odd numbers) and died 4/6/08 (all even numbers). Kris was born 2/7/77 (even, the rest odd) and died 11/12/10 (odd the rest even) I know this doesn't matter to anyone else, but for some reason it sticks in my head and fits... making some kind of sense in a situation that otherwise would haunt me until I could make some kind of sense of it.

This is the thing that now has me struggling... My dad has remarried, his new wife's birthday is on the day of my mother's passing... 4/6. Some kind of a link to my mom making it work... I am dating a friend of mine I have known for most of my life. His birthday is the day after Kris's, one number different. It is so odd to go from a Tuesday missing my husband greatly and wishing he was here to celebrate with us, to Wednesday night having a party celebrating another year with his family. I am not sure what to make of this connection yet... but until then I guess I am just going along for the ride.

No comments: