Monday, October 8, 2012

Hair Dye...

This is going to be a strange post about one reason I miss my hubby...

A couple weeks ago I was with a friend who shaves his head bald like Kris did (well I did for him). He had nicked himself and I commented on how well he did despite that. He said he had gotten good at it by relying on feel. I joked and said Kris got good at it by asking me. He said I am sure he would be much easier with someone to help... and maybe it was more that personal touch and service from someone and to someone you care about. I had been reflecting on this off and on since then... I miss being of service to him... but tonight I realized I miss that service from him just as much if not more...

I have always been very blonde, until my youngest son was born when my hair went to a darker blonde. I lived with it for a while, but soon after didn't feel like myself... and since then I have had a love hate relationship with hair dye. I had highlights put in, low lights put in, and liked those ok, but the cost of up keep was a lot for a young broke couple with 4 kids... plus it wasn't my blonde self. So I talked to a hairdresser friend of mine about which bleach to buy for my hair. She gave me all the info and Kris and I both went to the beauty supply to get it and find out how to do it. We went home and I got the majority of my hair coated, but he helped finish up making certain I hadn't missed any spots, and it always came out well. Even the fun colours I would do to amuse myself, my kids, and my students for Halloween and summer, and any other holidays I could justify having pink or orange hair. (I even tried red and brown and black... but none of them suited me as well).

Tonight I tried again to bleach the roots of my hair and even it out from the last time when I missed spots. It still came out uneven. SO I decided to try my orange dye I had bought for Halloween to hide that fact. It still looks blotchy... but I am ok with it. It reminds me of who is missing. That while I do ok on my own, it will never be as good as it was with him.

No comments: