Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Lost Limb

A friend and I went to see soul surfer at the movie theater tonight, it was just suppose to be a quick night out... but it truly got me thinking. I sobbed through the whole thing, and wondered why... until on the way home it dawned on me, when I lost him, I lost a limb. I lost a crucial part of myself that day, a part that I will never truly get back. I will be able to do many of the things I did before, just as I did before... but somethings I did before will be harder.

There were parts from the movie, that go along with my religion... that God has a plan for me... that I am still at odds with, but it did get me thinking. Why would God take him from me? from our kids? I may never know... and part of me would prefer not to know... what would I need to learn by taking my husband from me?

But overall I loved the hope it gave me... it will be a struggle for a while, until I find a new way to adapt... and I don't have to "win" or do things perfectly... just trying is HUGE...

No comments: