Thursday, October 6, 2011

Faith

Now I will be the first one to admit I am NOT the most faithful church goer, or active in my church. But I did read something once about a study conducted that people to regularly attend church, any denomination, live an average of 10 years longer. I am always had my doubts, but found it interesting. This past weekend, I want out with a good friend out with some other widows. The people we went with were very sweet, and caring, and fun to go out with, but I almost feel like they were almost not moving on, or finding a new direction for their lives. I am NOT saying I am doing fantastic either, but in many aspects I think I was more forgiving(?). So I am also wondering if death brings you closer to church and God and such... or pushes you away. I myself find it hard to attend church most weeks and have to work up to it and prepare myself for it. But I see the benefits of clinging to my beliefs, even if I am not actively pursuing them currently. I have met several who have found so much comfort in church, and their faith, perhaps it is the people of your church who make the difference? Maybe the gospel of it? Either way... this post was to let those who worry about me (and my lack of attending church in the past 10 months) know where I stand, and to post my observations of others in my position... and finding something that comforts, and helps in dealing with their losses.

No comments: